The Institute is expected to deliver on the following:
- Coordinate and take charge of all veterinary vaccines production in the country.
- Research, either alone or in collaboration with other research institutions, into new innovations of veterinary vaccine production.
- Develop and produce chemicals, media, and laboratory products for use in the production of vaccines and other veterinary products.
- Market and distribute veterinary vaccines locally and abroad.
- Provide information in the field in other activities as the Board with the approval of the President may determine.
The Kenya Veterinary Vaccines Production Institute (KEVEVAPI) derives its mandate under the State Corporations Act, Cap 446 of the laws of Kenya through legal notice No. 223 of 4th June 1990.
Our Core Values
In conducting its functions, the Institute will uphold the following guiding principles:
- Teamwork and commitment
- Integrity, Accountability, and transparency
- Corporate Social Responsibility